When we talk about home designs, then there are many things that we will get noticed and selected ranging from furniture to the color that is applied. The color of a room has significance including explaining how the personality of its owner. Colors are applied can affect one’s mood in both the positive and negative sides. The importance of the role of color makes us as homeowners have to pay close attention to color selection for any room in the room. Knowing the psychology of color, including the meaning of each color will help us decide the right color. Consider the function of a room with a favorite color in choosing the right one.
Here are some of the most popular room colors and effects that can be generated.
(1) Red – this is a bold and warm color that is able to increase the energy level of a room. We can apply this color in the dining room because it can increase appetite. We can also create a strong first impression by applying a red color.
(2) Yellow – this is a perfect color to be applied to the kitchen, bathroom, or dining room because it has a meaning as a color that is able to give happiness, cheerful, energy, and spirit. If we apply it to a small room, so we can present a broader view and welcome. Nevertheless, we must be careful when applying it as the main color scheme because yellow can create a feeling of frustration and anger.
(3) Blue – this is a cool color that has the ability to soothe and provide a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. We can apply the blue color of the bathroom and bedroom in shades of light.
(4) Green – this is eye soothing colors, combining the refreshing quality of blue and the cheerfulness of yellow. We can apply the green to almost all rooms in the house. Green will promote togetherness and comfort when applied. In addition, we can relieve stress and help to relax by applying green color.
(5) Orange – this is a warm color that can evoke excitement, energetic, and increase enthusiasm is apt to be applied to the living room, bedroom, or exercise room.
(6) Purple – this is the color that will give a dramatic and sophisticated effect. By applying the color purple, we will get a luxurious and creative. When we apply it in shades of light, then we will get quiet and we can freely apply it to the bedroom.
In addition to some kind of color on top, we can also choose other colors in order to create home designs with the look that we want including neutral colors such as gray, white, black, and brown.